The current Scandinavian trend in Hollywood has created an attractive opportunity for Scandinavian entertainment companies and talent seeking to establish connections in Los Angeles. In this day and age, cultural differences are however still a factor, which can be challenging when doing transcontinental business. In the fifth part of our business seminar series, Making it in America, we identified the key factors between Scandinavia and Hollywood when it comes to business, production and marketing/PR strategies in the entertainment industry. With successful productions such as the TV series “The Killing,” and the films “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” “Troll Hunter” and “Let the Right One In,” we invited both Scandinavian and International entertainment professionals to share their expertise in the field with the audience. The panel for Scandiwood included these prominent industry power players :
- Sigurjón Sighvatsson, Co-Founder of Propaganda Films, Chairman of Scanbox Entertainment, Honorary Icelandic Consul General in Los Angeles and Principal of Palomar Pictures
- Roy Ashton, Partner and Head of the Television Literary Department at The Gersh Agency
- Katrina Wood, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of MediaXchange Ltd.
- Lawrence Atkinson, Chief Executive Officer at DDA
- Christelle Dupont, Account Director, International Publicity at DDA
- Kim Magnusson, CEO of Dansk Film Kompagni
- Gudrun Giddings, Producer and President of SACC-LA will be the moderator