Communication, PR & Social Media Intern
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles (SACC-LA) is looking for a self-motivated and creative intern focused on Communication, PR & Social Media. This is a 6-12 month internship beginning in July 2014.
About SACC Los Angeles: SACC-LA is the #1 preferred network in Los Angeles, “The Entertainment Capital of the World”, for people seeking Swedish-American co-operation within creative and innovative industries. For us it is equally important to build strong relations with our members as it is to actively search for new members that can expand and add value to our network. There will be plenty of events, both our own and external, that you will visit to connect with people of your and the Chamber’s interest.
Position Summary: As a Communication, PR & Social Media Intern at SACC-LA you will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, who all are well-established within creative and innovative industries and know how to navigate in LA. This internship gives a unique opportunity to build a strong network at a high level, while learning how to step into a role with responsibilities combined with effective teamwork.
Tasks for the Communication, PR & Social Media Intern at SACC-LA are:
- Website: Web editor responsible for updating and managing the SACC-LA website.
- Newsletter: Editor for our weekly newsletter Finally Friday with around 2,000 subscribers.
- Social Media: Create a social media strategy and content for SACC-LA’s current social media channels. Today we have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a Vimeo account and a LinkedIn account.
- Event: Together with your team, conduct the general marketing of the Chamber during events, through different marketing channels, etc. Develop briefing material for external partners.
- Overall Communication: Making sure that all external communication follows our communication strategy and graphical guidelines.
We are looking for a person who is creative, strategic, independent, has a holistic perspective and the ability to multitask. You will also need good writing, editing and proof-reading skills. If you have graphic design and film editing skills it is a huge plus. Work experience as well as knowledge in InDesign and After Effects is preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
- Project management experience
- Software skills, e.g. MS Office, Photoshop
- Good social media experience
- Higher education within Communication, Marketing and/or PR
- You must be a Swedish citizen or permanent resident. SACC‐USA will help out with the visa application.
- Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Duration of Trainee period: 6-12 months
- Start date: July 2014
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
Questions? Contact Matilda Dickman at SACC-LA, +1-310-622-3617 or email@example.com.