The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles (SACC-LA) is looking for a self-motivated and driven intern focused on Accounting, Finance and Membership Management. This is a 6-12 month internship beginning in July 2014.
About SACC Los Angeles: SACC-LA is the #1 preferred network in Los Angeles, “The Entertainment Capital of the World”, for people seeking Swedish-American co-operation within creative and innovative industries. For us it is equally important to build strong relations with our members as it is to actively search for new members that can expand and add value to our network. There will be plenty of events, both our own and external, that you will visit to connect with people of your and the Chamber’s interest.
Position Summary: As a Finance & Accounting Intern at SACC-LA you will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, who all are well-established within creative and innovative industries and know how to navigate in LA. This internship gives a unique opportunity to build a strong network at a high level, while learning how to step into a role with responsibilities combined with effective teamwork.
The Finance & Accounting Intern will include the following tasks:
- Accounting and Treasury: Handle the accounting (using Quickbooks) for the Chamber including events, membership dues, etc. Please observe, this will all be done in English, following the US-based accounting system.
- Financial duties: Invoicing membership dues and following up on late payments. Handling bank accounts, debit cards and check book along with administrative duties. The intern will also be responsible for creating, together with the event coordinator, budgets for events to ensure a good strategy for profitability.
- Report: Collaborate closely with the CFO to ensure a long-term financial strategy for the Chamber. Deliver reports of current balance and other finance related information to the CFO and to the board meetings.
- Membership/ CRM: Keep membership database constantly updated and manage CRM system. Membership recruitment and build membership relations.
- Sponsorship: Handle and build long-term sponsorship efforts with potential sponsors and negotiate sponsorship deals. Be responsible for monitoring and making sure sponsorship deals are followed through.
We are looking for a person who has excellent analytical skills, strong strategic thinking, is self-motivated and excellent at handling customer relations. You must be goal-oriented, independent, have the ability to take initiative and responsibility, and multitask different projects at once. Work experience and knowledge of working in accounting software is preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
- Accounting and finance experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Accounting and statistical software skills, e.g. Excel
- Leadership and team-working skills
- Degree in Business, Economics or equivalent
- You must be a Swedish citizen or permanent resident. SACC‐USA will help out with the visa application.
- Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Duration of Trainee period: 6-12 months
- Start date: July 2014
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship