The SACC-LA Trainee Program provides U.S. companies with highly qualified trainees from Sweden. Consider this a cost-efficient way of accessing Swedish talent and technology while adding some cultural diversity to your office. For the trainees, a training program in the U.S. is the opportunity of a life time. Talk about win-win!
The purpose of the Trainee Program is to promote and foster education, cultural exchange between Sweden and the U.S. by providing Swedish students and young professionals the opportunity to develop a good knowledge of the American business culture, gain work experience as well as enjoy a new environment.
Benefits for the Intern/Trainee
- You get to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. You will learn American methodologies and practices and will be able to compare differences between the U.S. and Sweden.
- You will learn first-hand how business is conducted in the U.S.
- You will improve your English speaking and writing skills, both general business-English and specific to your field.
- You will develop an understanding of U.S. customs and culture and become adept at cross-cultural communication – a skill that will be invaluable in your future career.
- With international experience on your resume, you will immediately gain an advantage over your peers in the Swedish job market.
- You will start building a personal international support network.
Benefits for the Host Company
- Receive qualified trainees.
- Intern/Trainee will bring a European perspective to your organization.
- SACC-LA will post your position on our website and distribute it to our network in Sweden to generate applications specifically for your position.
- SACC-LA reviews candidate applications so that you are ensured that they meet the criteria established by the U.S. Department of State for the J-1 visa.
- SACC-LA guides you and your trainee through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation.
- There generally are no social security or medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee. The trainee generally pays his or her own insurance and travel expenses. The host company pays the SACC-USA visa service fee and the SEVIS fee and is encouraged to pay the intern/trainee a stipend to cover living expenses.
Read more about the Trainee Program categories and fees HERE
Please contact us for more information
Please like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to keep you updated when we start recruiting!