The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles (SACC-LA) is looking for two (2) self-motivated and driven interns focused on Event planning. This is a 6-12 month internship beginning in July 2014.
About SACC Los Angeles: SACC-LA is the #1 preferred network in Los Angeles, “The Entertainment Capital of the World”, for people seeking Swedish-American co-operation within creative and innovative industries. For us it is equally important to build strong relations with our members as it is to actively search for new members that can expand and add value to our network. There will be plenty of events, both our own and external, that you will visit to connect with people of your and the Chamber’s interest.
Position Summary: As an Event Intern at SACC-LA you will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, who all are well-established within creative and innovative industries and know how to navigate in LA. This internship gives a unique opportunity to build a strong network at a high level, while learning how to step into a role with responsibilities combined with effective teamwork.
The Event Interns at SACC-LA will be include the following tasks:
- Events: Plan and discuss event strategies with the board and team, write project descriptions, briefing of team and other involved partners, budget responsibility, time-planning, booking of location and catering, create briefs and take part in marketing.
- Sponsorship efforts: Take part in handling and maintaining membership services and strategic partnerships. You will also be active in negotiating and securing sponsorship deals for the chamber’s events. The intern will take part in the entire process, monitoring and following the deal through from beginning to end.
- Handle general marketing: Together with your team, handling the general marketing of the Chamber during events, through different marketing channels, etc.
We are looking for a person who has excellent social skills, strong strategic thinking, is self-motivated, as well as has the ability to prioritize and take responsibility. We want you to be innovative and creative, yet structured and accurate. You need problem solving skills. Work experience is preferred but not required.
- Higher education within Business, Marketing or Project management
- Project management experience
- Software skills, e.g. MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
- Leadership and team-working skills
- You must be a Swedish citizen or permanent resident. SACC‐USA will help out with the visa application.
- Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Duration of Trainee period: 6-12 months
- Start date: July 2014
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship